Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Welcome to ArtisticBricks

I'd promised that I wouldn't add another topic area to my blogging, but here I go. The whole area of LEGO as art is one that comes up again and again, and I want there to be some place focused on just that. What pushed me over the edge was the coincidence of two things. First was the opening of a new exhibit by Nathan Sawaya in New York. Nathan is by far the most prominent artist working with LEGO, and in this show several of his pieces reference well known artworks. The second was that that currently BrickPirate is running a contest to recreate painting masterpieces in LEGO. I'll cover both of those items in subsequent posts. This blog is going to focus on the intersection of the art world and the LEGO world. This isn't just for MOCs that I think are cool or pretty or whatever, but I can't really define where that line is drawn. I guess it will be a bit of a work in progress. I have to say up front that while I know LEGO and I know blogging, I'm completely untrained in art. So I'd welcome some co-bloggers or guest bloggers with art expertise. If anyone is interested in joining in this endeavor, or if you just want to suggest something that I should blog, e-mail me at bricktalesATgmailDOTcom.


No comments:

Post a Comment